Sunday, August 30, 2015

My Jung Test

             The Jung test gauged me to have a slight preference of introversion, which I agree with. When I was younger I tried a lot to fit in. When doing the things the other kids did didn’t work I tried to do what they told me to do, like a lot of kids at that age. This just led me to be laughed at and rejected, and I became very withdrawn. As I got older, late high school age and after, I used to try and be the center of attention to hide my shyness and vulnerabilities. I learned to use my strengths to boost my self-confidence.
The test also deduced I have a moderate preference of intuition over sensing. Personally, I would say I’m more prone now to utilize my knowledge and experience, ergo intuition, over guessing from my first instincts. History and others experiences have taught me that some things just have a way of doing them. My younger self turned my back on this belief and I was sure I had “a better idea”.
It also indicated I have a slight preference of Feeling over Thinking. This was hard to swallow but I had to remind myself that sometimes my compassion for others gets in the way of my better judgement. I have a problem with leaving the injured or someone in need of help, and would put myself in precarious situations to ensure in welfare of another.
Finally, the test states I have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving. I have a hard time morally with judging, because most judging is not fair and unbiased. But you can’t just trust perception either. You need facts, reasoning, and witnesses if possible. I think that what the blind lady of justice’s scales are for, judgement and perception, unbiased.
I think I am a “Happily ever after” writer. I like my stories to begin and end this way. I love the twists and turns and surprises a good story can take you on. But, at the end the hero gets the girl, evil is vanquished, and everyone lives “Happily ever after”. But, writing can’t always fill this bill. I think this test has taught me to not always fall into this trap for every writing or reading that comes across my lap. Once again though to pay attention to my strengths and beware my weaknesses.

1 comment:

  1. Good - As you reflect on words, be sure to understand their meanings. For example, in the context of the type indicator: J, this means you are scheduled/organize, strive to finish one project before another, etc. To avoid struggling with this, give your audience context. Define the indicators, then reflect. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete