Sunday, October 4, 2015

Communication

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 10-3

            Second to the last blog, I never run out of things to say, but I tend to catch writers block when I censor myself. As late as it is, or early, my mind is a big garble of tangled thoughts wanting to shut down anyways. Not my best work, but I’m still filling lines on the page. I’m starting to understand the reason for form to an essay. If every paper were like talking to a bi-polar, depressive, obsessive, sufferer of ADHD with Tourette’s then we would never have any intelligent discussion. Some type of rhyme or reason needs to be behind our conversation. Some type of pattern or rationale needs introduced for open communication. We must have the tit for tat, the witty banter, the way to keep our listener entertained enough to continue, and they us. That’s what I love about communication, it takes at least two entities involved, one to send a message, one to receive. In communication, this typically goes back and forth, or round robin, or bouncing from one participant to another, but there must be two at least. How to get your message received best, like you want it accepted, is the trick. Should you use forcefulness, or sound threatening? Should you try and establish a report, or gain your listeners trust. Should you be a straight shooter, and get right to the point, or will a little manipulation and trickery, with a little sugar to sweeten the words. Knowing these factors that people use to communicate makes it hard to have a civil conversation without wondering if you’re wading in the waste, or drowning in it. Communication really vexes me in the human condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment