Sunday, October 4, 2015

Happy Anniversary

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 10-2

            Happy Anniversary! 5 years and 10 months ago my wife and I officially got together. She is the reason I live today. If it weren’t for her to fight for me and make me want to fight with her for me, I would have never made it out of Nevada. I would have gone home and prepared to die like the doctors told me. I’ve known my wife since the spring of 1991, she was 14 years old, almost 15. I was 19, she was my friends little sister. She was very hard shelled, very aloof, but I had a need to get to know her, get past the walls she would try and put up, and I didn’t have the ability to read her. That drove me mad, ha-ha…and she knew it, and of course I was the same. We’d go back and forth, day after day, week after week, smart one liners to each other, pretending to not pay attention to each other. It was fun. But her brother was worried, and he was my friend, a very good friend, and he came and talked to me. He said that if I was just playing around and having a good time with his sister, then to stop, “please stop” is what he asked. And then he said if I had true intentions that I had his blessing, and he would back us all the way, if needed. It was the first time I understood. I was not the one yet. I could not treat her the way she deserved to be treated. I was not faithful, not honest, not worthy of her devotion. I was not worthy. But one day 5 years and ten months ago I told her I was ready, and I would be loving, and faithful and honest…Honest. Honest? I still feel unworthy…but I’m the lucky one with her devotion. Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment