Monday, September 21, 2015

Expansion on "This i believe.."- Peace, love , and equality

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 9-21

            So now I’m going to expand on times where I’ve come to my credo. Times like coming out of adolescence and realizing that I had no power to change others opinion of me, they were going to come to the conclusions they believed by their own beliefs and opinions that I am who they see me as. It’s up to me to present myself how I believe I would want to be perceived. And that is up to me to change to make the impression. Then you see, my best chance to influence their opinion of me is to improve my self-image, which in turn changes my public image. Another influence on me was my mother. As a side note my Mom was a staunch republican, which is funny because I am a strong believer that my mom was a hippie, or at least adhered to many beliefs of the counter-culture of the late 60’s early 70’s (I was born in 1972 to a biracial couple), and she lived in the Bay Area at the time with my Aunt Jeanette, her younger sister. She was a pot smoker, she dated my Dad who was African American, and by his recollection, she had long hair, loved to party and attend concerts and festivals, and was quite liberal in her beliefs. That was according to my biological father. So my belief is my mom was part of the movement of the counter culture of the Bay Area in the late 60’s early 70’s in her late teens to early 20’s. I believe she was 22 or 24 when I was born. Because of this, the lessons my mother taught me, and the beliefs she installed in me. And they examples she set shaped my belief in the peaceful coexistence that I strive to attain today and try to set the example for my children, wife, and friends and family around me,

No comments:

Post a Comment