Saturday, September 19, 2015

Writer's block- not part 2

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 9-19

            I believe this is writer’s block #2. It is 12:40 in the morning and I would like to finish catching up my daily blogs. I think I got most of my work caught up. I’m behind on my “this I believe “ essay. Damn writer’s block. What would be my credo? I believe in the right to bear arms, and I tried to brainstorm on this issue along the guidelines of the essay subjects, but I didn’t feel there was enough information in my background to back up this claim and fill 3-5 pages of good writing. My next idea is to write about equality and how I believe in that, as far as racial, sexual orientation, male or female, disabled or not, you get the point. But this seemed so wide a subject, and once again, I had problems brainstorming because this was too wide an idea even for just how bias affected my life. So, I’m still looking for a subject. I have this feeling I’m going to write about something I have such a hard time feeling about. That I will submit the assignment and not be happy with the outcome. The funny thing is when I go back and read what I’ve written in my blogs, I really like how I’m approaching it. At the topics, the type of writing, and the rhythm I’m falling into. When I do get going, I feel like I’m flying across my imagination. Like my brain is finally working again like it did when I was back in school. I remember loving to do creative writing. Even with the occasional writers block. Even though I liked writing more fantasy fiction stories, I found myself refining my skills in poetry and songs, and finally writing rap. It was great releases to be able to transform my real world into something totally different in a few moments of writing. Writer’s block cleared, if I really even had it this time. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment