Thursday, September 10, 2015

Toys are tantamount

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 9/9

            I was not sure what to write about in these freewrites, but I enjoyed something we read this week by Jane Hamill titled, “A Grown-Up Barbie”. It really made an impact on me. How she didn’t see Barbie for her long blonde hair and her perfect size and shape she supposedly was naturally endowed with, but instead she concentrated on her high self-esteem due to her positive progress,  individuality, and her not giving up on what she wanted to do, with or without Ken. I didn’t grow up playing Barbie, but I did play G.I. Joe and Transformers. Both of these toys for me were the epitome of the battle between good and evil. But overall it was letting me demonstrate my knowledge of right and wrong, of helping others, of bravery and compassion. I also played with Legos and my lessons there were not only growing the wide expanse of my imaginations, but it was also okay to tear something down and make something better, and if it didn’t come together the first time then it was okay to take things apart and try again. My days were filled with so many lessons for years. And it definitely shaped who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment