Monday, September 21, 2015

My credo-Freewrite

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 9-20
            Today is the day. Today I have to finish my first draft of our “This I believe…” essay. I’ve picked a topic and it’s going to revolve around the counter culture of the Hippies. I Know, I know you are thinking of pot-smoking, long hair having, naked people dancing in a circle to “Age of Aquarius” or Grateful Dead songs. But no, I’m talking about simple thoughts of peace, love and, equality. And not only that, but to help your fellow man so they may want to follow from your experience. I’m talking about eating more healthy and living with better habits to respect our bodies, and also finding ways to nourish our souls. These are what make us who we are. Peace, love, and equality follows right along with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

            This I can build upon. I can recall from instances in my youth. I can honestly say I have been developing this ideal since my youth. It’s the idea of looking yourself in the mirror and saying, “I am honestly a good person, and I strive to be better.” Now people may say that’s what everyone does, but this is not true. Many people out there are not very good at all. Some people are more interested in progressing themselves even if they have to step on others to get where they are going. Some people act as if they are bigger and stronger than others and that gives them the right to bully others into submission. And even others do things they know are wrong, but justify it by their need to survive for themselves and at times their family. I believe that if people treated everyone like they would want to be treated then the world would gradually become a better place for us and generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment