Saturday, September 26, 2015

So you had a bad day...pt.3

ENG 101-DAILY BLOG 9-24
            Okay so, day 24th and I’m up early to catch up my blog on time. I look out in the house and see Tychelle is not here. Wow?!? Wait, I remember her saying goodbye this morning with the rest of the boys…I think. No wait, I just saw Virgil. GGGRRRRRR. Virgil is our 11 year old. He just joined the ranks of the Junior High, so now his bus leaves earlier with the big kids. Well, he’s having a problem adjusting. So I look over and ask the wife “What is he doing here!” She said he missed the bus. RRRRRRR. Well then let’s get going and get him to school. Just then my 13 year old son walks in. I ask “What’s he doing here!” and my wife says “He needs to go to Urgent Care. He says his back got hurt.” ARGH, Hrrummpphh. Okay, we can do this. I tell Virgil to get dressed so we can go, and he calmly replies “No”… What? “No,” he says. What do you mean NO! He said, “I’m not going to school.” I asked why? He said, “I can’t find any clean clothes.” REALLY! I said, “You’re 11 years old! You can find your own clothes!” “No” he repeated, “I don’t want to.” By now you can guess, I am really over the top. But, an hour and a half later he was dressed and ready to go. YAY! Small victory for the parents!
            So, we head down to the school to drop Virgil off and when we get there we tell him we love him and have a good day at school and he says, “No”. WHAT!! NONONONONO, we just got you dressed, you were just all happy to come to school, you were willing to go just two minutes ago! What is the problem now! …Silence… GGggggGGggRRRrrRRRRR!!!! Okay, you’re coming but you’re not getting any electronics this weekend! So, we start heading up to Starbucks and on the way Virgil breaks down and cries. We ask what’s wrong and he says, “Well, Dad fell down while running after Tychelle last night, and his hearts new, and I’m worried about Dad!” So that was the problem. I told him he knew he could call me anytime, but he replied “My counselor said I could only call once in a while, not every day, maybe not every week.” I was livid. How are you going to tell my son, who is worried about his Dad’s health because he just had a heart transplant a year ago, that he can’t call and check on his welfare. Once again…GGGRRRRRR… So I dropped Mom off at work and Virgil and I went to his school and had a little conversation with his principal. He kindly admitted the mistake the counselor had made, offered to let Virgil use his office as a “safe spot” if he felt threatened or anxious, and said if he would like to call me any day just get ahold of him, preferably at lunch. This suited Virgil well, and he went to school. Score one for Dad! ---But not so fast---to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Remember my advice....breathe. You will look back on this someday, when life is not so crazy, and miss this crazy. Really. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete